Situationship is an undefined romantic relationship between two people. In situationship, there is no commitment. Situationship might not necessarily involve sex but there are some romantic elements involved. It mostly ends in premium tears (break up).
Sometimes, situationship could happen between two ex-lovers who have refused to move on after a breakup.
A situationship is not the same as a relationship because it is not defined. A situationship can start as a casual sex or platonic friendship and then turn into an entanglement because one of the parties has developed feelings.
Classic situationship is when you give someone what they want without giving you what you want.
Situationship is mostly secretive. You don’t openly express your love language to each other in public. You can not even tell people about it because it is not defined.
Mathematically, mutual situationship equals Friends With Benefits (FWB) and royalty dont do friends with benefits. However, there is a possibility that one person will develop feelings and get hurt.
Some people get involved in situationship to get over heartbreak.
Conclusively, how you know you are in a situationship is by checking the pattern of the relationship.
If someone put you in situationship it is because they dont see you as number one. They do not value you. Situationship makes you an unknown number.
SIGNS YOU ARE IN A SITUATIONSHIP
1) No labels (Undefined): there is no definition for the relationship. It is just an entanglement. You both have no title either boyfriend or girlfriend yet you share the quality of such status with each other.
2) Can’t Answer Simple Questions: there will be no answer to questions like What are we? What direction are we headed?
3) No Commitment: in a situationship, there is no commitment. You could be sharing your time and emotion with the person and doing things yet the person will be dating other people or even marrying someone else in the process. There is no commitment because you are not exclusive.
4) No Future Plans: you both have no plans. All you do is probably sneak around and just enjoy each other’s company.
5) Shallow Connection: in this case, the connection you share is very shallow. You dont have deep information about the person. All you know about each other is probably sex and talk about sex. Nothing deep.
6) Erratic Behaviour: they are not mindful of you. They can go days without talking to you. They only call you when they want you and the moment they get what they want they will ghost you again.
7) Secretive: Situationship is mostly secretive. You don’t openly express your love language to each other in public. You can not even tell people about it because it is not defined.
1) Check the pattern of the relationship. Access your relationship.
2) Tell yourself I deserve better. Tell yourself you are made for something better than this. Tell yourself you deserve to love and be loved.
3) Speak to the person you are entangled with. Try to convince the person to become exclusive with you or you both should go your separate ways.
HOW TO PREVENT YOUR RELATIONSHIP FROM TURNING INTO SITUATIONSHIP
It is not entirely in your hands. A relationship is an agreement between two people.
Firstly, access your relationship.
Secondly, call your partner’s attention to it.
Thirdly, if realised the relationship has become eternal that is been on for years and no sign of marriage or after evaluation you discover there is no future for both of you to become a married couple, just exit the relationship. No need to force it because it only means it is not meant to be. Also, an eternal relationship tends to turn into a situationship.